Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm super Cereal about this, you guys!

Sugar plays an integral part in any Saturday morning. In cereal form, it shouldn't be legal. I was that kid that was eager to try out any new cereal I saw in the supermarket (much to my mom's dismay), and if one of my favorite cartoon character just so happened to have its own brand of sugar bits, well...it was a done deal.

Behold my top Five fave cereals from youth! My teeth haven't seen them in years! Huh, maybe I've matured...

Number 5: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES CEREAL


I mentioned before that I was a sucker for any green food thanks to these creatures from the ooze. This cereal was kinda like Chex mixed with Lucky Charms. Not great, but it was a fun experiment to try. I remember there was a recipe on the side to make a pizza using the cereal for the crust or something. It looked disgusting. I'm glad I never tried it.

Number 4: NINTENDO CEREAL SYSTEM


Particularly the Mario side. I could have sworn the lighter-colored side was the Zelda side, but, oh well. This cereal went away extra fast because they were individually packed, and that just made it seem like it was less. "The Super Mario Brothers Super Show" was really cool featuring the plumber brothers and a horndog Link chasing after Princess Zelda.

Number 3. WAFFLE CRISP

We always had to buy at least two boxes of this junk. This cereal made drinking the leftover milk worth it. A smooth maple syrup taste, crispy cereal bits. Thank goodness it had some kind of vitamin in it, otherwise it served no purpose more than cereal lust.

Number 2: FRUITY PEBBLES & TRIX CEREAL (TIE)


I couldn't choose. Both of these delectable bowls of goodness were constant staples in my household. To this day, they still hold up. No doubt these are in anyone's Cereal Hall of Fame.

NUMBER 1: PAC-MAN CEREAL


Perhaps the greatest cereal ever created by man. Pac-Man cereal was more precious than water to me as a child. It didn't last long, so needless to say we bought tons of boxes when it was out until the sad day my sister and I heard it was to be discontinued and we bought the last box in the store, swearing we'd make it last forever. I'm not even convinced we made it past the next day. Godspeed Pac-Man. Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment